What is Ruschagram
Ruschagram is intended as a tribute to Ed Ruscha, and is in no way meant to be a criticism of him. It is in no way official endorsed or related to him.
Ruschagram was developed as part of EDCMOOC from Edinburgh as my digital artefact. My thinking is as follows
- Modern art is seen as dystopic when compared to the more revered classical paintings. In question the ability to create something artistic using devices I wanted to look into how this could be both utopic and dystopic at the same time.
- Instagram is a 1 billion dollar company which makes no money. Kodak pioneered many of the technologies instagram mirrors. Why do we use modern technology to mirror old technology? Kodak went bankrupt and no longer trades. Is this utopian, or dystopian?
- To me, Ruscha creates beautiful pieces, but I think in the decay and juxtaposition is both utopian and dystopian
- We asked if we can replace teachers - what other roles can we replace?
- I wanted to make a tool for people to use, as this furthers the questions of empowerment and construction of utopia.
Follow us on twitter, or get in touch
Ruschagram is a Pgogy Webstuff production.